Writing Center Underground
Official blog of the MCC write centers
10 Tuns and Don'ts for Argument attachments
If you write arguments essays, the understanding of basic principles for academic writing helps to avoid the many potential pitfalls that could lurk. Below are ten do's and don'ts to pursue the best argument essay of all time!
- do the following guidelines. Students often write big essays just to follow the order instructions. If you are prompted to include eight sources, and you give two, that does not meet the minimum requirements. If you write an informative essay if you have assigned an argument paper, that's a big problem. If in doubt you always ask your teacher.
- not Foreword a statement with phrases like "I think," or "I think." These expressions only serve to weaken the instruction. It is an excuse for your opinion. Unless quoting or paraphrasing, it is a given you "believe" or "think" something. Instead of " I think the college should be free for all free," revise to ", college should be free for all ." Do you see how much stronger and emphatically the second example is?
- do quotat style seriously. Many students who have never written a research paper or are not familiar with MLA or APA citation requirements often believe that the rules relating to in-SMS quote, cited works, or reference pages are a low priority. Most instructors associated with research papers expect students to follow these rules and often deduct a variety of points to follow the guidelines.
- do all ideas to your source too. Often in research papers, it is obvious that ideas or opinions are not the author but not quoted to an external source. Students include other ideas from others into their own words, but often not quote. This creates the impression that the information comes from the writer, in fact it is an idea or my source. Always give credit to avoid plagiarism.
- not signpost. The signage refers to directional signs in your letter that tells the audience what you just said or what you will say. This may be required in the language class, but in written papers it is not necessary. Avoid telling your audience what you have said before or what you'll say - just tell it!
- do quotes smoothly integrate. When installing sources, research must be smoothly integrated into your own writing, fully introduced and completely synthesized. Stop a simple quote in a paragraph, as it could relate to the content, the reader offers no context and could lead to research that appears in and outside the context.
- not inflated phrases. When writing a research paper, students often believe that they need to accept a voice of authority, and they believe that they need to use Word-wide constructions to the sound "Academic" if everything sounds so. Wordy, inflated phrases are also confusing to read. Use your own voice and eliminate legal purposes.
- do organize your paper logically. While there are various ways to organize an argument essay, make sure that the organizational method you selected is logical for what you want to do. Ideas should smoothly flow with the next and avoid repetition. Avoid jumping back and forth between sales topics.
- not loose at the end. A frequent answer to student papers is "ends abrupt".The students often focus so attentively on the construction of the body of a research paper and the integration of sources they overlook to overlook the meaning of a strong conclusion.
- do carefully proofreading. The spell checker is great, but it does not help to find Word usage errors, one of the most common errors in academic papers. It is also difficult to find everything in a reading. After reading your essay at least once to look for good sales structure, focus and river, make final processing for punctuation and grammar. Read it even better, read it backwards to slow down your reading, making it easier to recognize mistakes.
Tags: services, essay, writing, write, argumentative, excellent
Cheap Essay Writer Service - Best Writing Services
Cheap essay authors - Affordable Writing Services
Cheap essay write service US - Top Rated Essay Services
Cheap Essay Writing Service - Excellent Essay Services
Cheap essay writing service online - High Quality Essay Service
Cheap Essay Posted Service USA - Greatest Writing Service